Wednesday, July 6, 2011

When you can't go fast

I have been intending on doing a long post on highspeed-sync, and I really will soon. Here is what I got without high speed sync though. It is the same look, but not shot with a Nikon flash; instead I used a 750w/s studio light at full dump with a stacked circular polarizer and 8x ND filter. This much density allowed me to get my s ambient light and my sky as dark as it is while using ISO 200, F2.2, and a shutter speed of 1/250. Then the full dumped studio light gave me some light on what would otherwise have been my underexposed subject. This was shot with the sun almost straight over head.
The lighting is not perfect, but it allowed me to try out the concept that I had in mind though I did know it would work.

Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment