Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Some of the things I am editing today....

As I have said a few times before I am still plugging away at the furniture editing. It pretty much consumes my like. I haven't put up too many images from the shoot, but I wanted to share this technique.
I had to shoot a bunch of mirrors, and the obvious problem is that they reflect everything, in this case it would be myself. The key is to not have anything there to reflect. One way I have done this in the past is shoot out of the pitch black so the only light is on the subject. There is then nothing to reflect, in this case my lights would reflect off of me no matter how dark the room got. Also having the mirror reflect just black would not look good sitting on a white background.
What I did was hang a roll of paper on a backdrop stand between myself and the product and then cut a hole in the paper. Well actually two cause the first one was in the wrong place. In the end there was still a reflection on myself, but a very small and easily edited out one. The down side is that the paper has to be either way larger than I had, or close enough to the product that I had to use a little wider angle lens than I would like. I have to correct for distortion on some of the taller peices.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment